A downloadable game for Windows
This is my first game, and my first game jam. This started out as some practice before teaching a game design unit to my students, then I got sucked in.
I knew I wanted to convert a single button press into multiple inputs. I started thinking about creating somesort of binary tapping system, and landed on this model of mulltiple taps. With the mechanic locked down, I came up with the context. Your squadmate is stuck, and you need to flash your light to communicate obstacles. While the context works, I was incapable of making the artwork to really sell the idea, so I stuck with my abstract Unity primatives...a little relaxing music to set an entirely different tone to the game.
I did push out a WebGL build from Unity, but I suggest downloading it for the best experience.
How to Play
- One of your squadmates has become separated from the rest of the squad.
- You must guide him through the fields using only your flashlight. Use any key to flash the light.
- One flash, move forward.
- Two flash, move left.
- Three flash, move right.
- Four flash, move backward.
- Stay on the path, and avoid the patrols and make it to the safe zone, the red tile.
- Perhaps build out some artwork. Low poly characters for the player and the 'enemy' patrol. Some graphics for mines, barbed wired, etc.
- Redesign the levels. The level progress in difficulty, but if I put more time into it, it could make the game much nicer to play.
- Implement tap inputs for mobile devices.
- Perhaps a level selection screen, unlocking each one.
Any and all feedback is welcome!
Download and unpack zip file. Run executable.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.